Monday, December 31, 2012

Blog Consolidation

ARG!!!!  I just deleted (accidentally) one of my family's genealogy blogs.  Well, it's my own fault, for never backing up my blogs.  So, let's just say this is a lesson well learned and it won't happen again.   It took me awhile, but I finally found the export blogs link in Blogger, and nowI have my genealogy blog remnants safety save on Dropbox

Once I recovered from the "tragedy" of losing all those blog posts, I decided now was the best time to reorganize my blogs; clean them up and make them more user friendly.  Today I am consolidating all my family history blogs into one location.  Now, no matter which family line a visitor is interested in they can just click on the page for that family and be whisked away.  This should make it easier for those of us who are keeping track of multiple lines.

And this main page can be used for family history and genealogy ramblings urelated to specific families.  We see how it all works -- I'll be watching for feedback.

It is going to take a little time to get everything setup and organized, so be patient as I play around with how things look and work.

So, as I end 2012, with my blogs in disarray, let's just say that I'm looking forward to 2013! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment