Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

I know that we all plan to become more organized and do better genealogy every year, but this year I thought it would help me to stay on track by creating a very specific list.  It will be interesting to come back next New Year's Eve and see how I did.  So, here's my:

Genealogy 2013 To Do List:
  1. Reorganize my computer filing system, so that I can easily find records and images.
  2. Finish scanning all my paper files and images. 
  3. File new digital records in the appropriate file folders.
  4. Write research plans for all research. Don't search without a plan.
  5. Use research logs
  6. Cite all sources. 
  7. Write up results, while it's still fresh - optimally before starting the next search.
  8. Attend as many genealogy webinars as possible.
  9. Study The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy - 1 chapter every 2 weeks and apply new knowledge to research in progress to develop new skills.
  10. Plan and execute research trip to Salt Lake City
  11. Write at least 1 blog post each week.    
  12. Backup, backup, backup on the 1st of every month.  Include all genealogy files, images and blogs.   



Share your thoughts and ideas for a 2013 resolutions list.

No comments:

Post a Comment